The original St John’s Lodge was an 1894, Grade II listed Arts & Crafts Edwardian country house set in two acres of landscaped gardens. JWA was commissioned work on this Listed House Conversion and Development in Surrey. They wanted us to extend and remodel the main house to create six houses and apartments as well as design a new separate six unit apartment block. The team also designed a scheme for a new courtyard development comprising 12 new homes within the site.
The detached apartment block was built in keeping with the language and materials of the original house but lower in height, nestling between mature trees. The new development sits in spacious and elegantly landscaped grounds. Mature specimen trees were retained and married with new shrub planting to create a lush development in this leafy Surrey setting.