Located in the heart of the South Downs National Park, Listed Cottage is a Grade II Listed Building. Dating back to 1773 with brick and stone elevations the Cottage is typical of many downland houses in the SDNP. In the past the house had been extended to the rear with a poorly considered and executed conservatory added in 1988.
Planning and listed building consent was granted to create a new extension replacing the conservatory. The new extension is larger and has been moved towards the North of the rear elevation; it houses the dining room which opens off the kitchen. The design incorporates lower eaves and ridge than the host dwelling, and a hipped roof to diminish the visual impact on the host dwelling when viewed from the North or South. The form and materials of the extension are in sympathy with the original brick and stone cottage.